Equality and Diversity
Merton Priory Homes is committed to welcoming and valuing diversity, promoting equality of opportunity and fairness and tackling discrimination. We aim to provide services that meet the diverse needs of our residents and service users across all areas of service delivery. We believe that all customers should be able to access our services with the same ease and that the quality of our service is the same high standard for all. We also aim to ensure that our tenants receive the right level of advice, support and benefits to meet their needs.
- We will ensure that information provided is in an appropriate format, non-discriminatory in content and actively promotes equality and diversity where possible. Leaflets, customer letters and other documents will provide information in community languages on how to access translations. All documents will be translated on request*We will provide transcriptions into Braille, large-print and audio-tape on request
- We will provide interpreters, including British Sign Language, on request.
- We will make the service easily available for telephone customers who need interpretation.
- We will have a minicom set up in our office and ensure that staff are trained in its use.
- We will aim to ensure that our website is accessible to all our customers.
- We aim to produce information in a variety of multi-media formats that meet customers’ varying needs.
- We will tackle all forms of harassment (including racial harassment) promptly using a victim centred approach. We will send out a clear message that harassment of any form will not be tolerated.
- We will use a range of methods to resolve harassment cases.
- We aim to understand the diverse needs of our residents and service users through consultation with them.
- We will actively consult residents to ensure that their views form an integral part of the decision making process.
- We will take into account cultural and religious issues when arranging resident/service user meetings, for example avoiding meetings on dates of religious festivals and ensuring any food provided is appropriate.
Equality and Diversity will be mainstreamed throughout our policies, procedures and practices in order to avoid any form of discrimination or harassment and ensure all individuals are treated with respect, fairness and courtesy. Equality and Diversity Policy (104 KB) and Translations, Transcriptions and Interpreting Policy (101 KB). You can see a copy of our equality and diversity leaflet, What's It Got to Do With Me (710 KB), here.