This translation has been provided by Google Translate. Translation Disclaimer

Your rent statement explained

Click the image for a larger view    

Rent statement explained

Rent and Service Charge 2017/18

We recently sent out letters relating to the charges for 2017/18. If you have any queries on this please click on the option below relevant to you for further information. 

Changing your current payments

If your rent or service charge has changed for the financial year 2017 / 18, you may need to take action:

  • If you pay your rent by Standing Order, please inform your bank and amend your current payments.
  • If you pay by payment card please ensure that you start making the new payments from the date of the increase.
  • If you pay us by Direct Debit it will be automatically adjusted and include any credit or debit currently on your rent account; unless you have a separate payment plan in place. Once the direct debit has been adjusted you will receive a letter detailing the instalments and your bank account statement will show as the payee.

Ways to pay

By Direct Debit

Direct Debit is the easy way for you to pay your rent. You can instruct us to collect money from your bank or building society account.

We will let you know:

  • The date that we will collect the money
  • How much we will collect

The direct debit scheme is quick and easy and you do not have to remember when to pay. The scheme is protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Direct Debit forms are available from your Housing Office. Please ask your housing officer for the form, or contact us.

What do I need to do?

If you already signed up to paying your rent by direct debit you do not need do anything. If you are not already signed up and wish to change to paying by direct debit please contact the Income team.

Viewing this site on a mobile device?

Download the Allpay 'app'

You can download the Allpay mobile phone app. The payment app is available for iPhones (App Store), Android phones (Google Play), and Windows phones (Windows Store), and is a secure payment mechanism.

Using Allpay

You can use your rent payment swipe card at post offices, shops and garages across the United Kingdom showing an, Payzone or Paypoint sign. Go to the Allpay website to find out your nearest place to pay.

By Text

You can also pay your rent by text message, using our All Pay service.

To access this option you need to:

  • Register with AllPay by going to their Allpay website
  • Provide your credit/debit card and AllPay payment card details and select a Text Code for your payment card. You will automatically receive a Text Password for each credit/debit card you want to use. Once you have registered, you will receive a welcome email and a text confirming that your registration has been accepted.

By credit or debit card

You can make payments using a credit or debit card by calling the 24-hour Allpay payment line. You can also contact us during office hours and an officer will make the payment into the Allpay system for you. There will be no charge for paying by credit or debit card.

By standing order

This can be be arranged with your bank or building society. Please ask your housing officer for the form, or contact us.

Responsibility for payments

Whichever method of payment you choose, you remain responsible for payments reaching your account on time.

Housing Benefit

  • If your housing benefit is paid directly to you, then you must notify the council of your new rent and/or service charge.
  • If you receive housing benefit and it is paid directly to us we will tell your local council about your new rent and/or service charge. However it is still your responsibility to make sure your claim is then updated correctly by your local council to take into account the changes to your rent and/or service charges.

Useful information and contacts for arrears and financial advice.

Who do I contact if I want to discuss my account?

Contact your local income team on 0300 500 8000 (calls may be recorded and used for training purposes) or by email as listed below:

Properties in Circle Housing Mole Valley, Circle Housing Merton Priory & Circle Housing Russet
Properties formerly owned by Wherry, Roddons, Mercian & South Anglia
Properties in Circle Housing Old Ford & Circle Housing (formerly Circle 33)