Anti-social behaviour (ASB) covers a wide range of activities that have a negative effect on the quality of individuals and the community. This can be anything from low-level nuisance to serious criminal behaviour such as:
- Noise nuisance, such as loud parties, loud TVs and radios
- Verbal abuse (shouting and swearing)
- Environmental issues, such as litter, dumping rubbish illegally, abandoned vehicles, misuse of communal areas and graffiti
- Selling drugs and alcohol related nuisance and annoyance
- Intimidation and harassment
- ‘Hate’ behaviour, directed against members of particular groups because of differences (for example, race or religion).
If you or anyone else in your household is experiencing anti-social behaviour you should report it to your Customer Services Team by calling our Contact Centre on 0800 111 6447 (from a landline) or 0300 333 6557 (from a mobile) or by completing our online form.
Your Customer Service Manager may suggest you use our anti-social behaviour diary sheet (available on line, please click here) to record and keep a diary of any incidents. These may be passed on to partner agencies we work with such as Local Authority Noise Teams and the Police and could be used later in Court should legal action be required.
Circle Housing is committed to taking action against anti-social behaviour in our neighbourhoods.
Your responsibilities regarding anti-social behaviour are outlined in your tenancy agreement or lease.